Quote Originally Posted by Shivdaddy View Post
    Is Hearthstone worth trying out?
    Sure, nothing to lose. =P

Country
    UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivdaddy View Post
    Is Hearthstone worth trying out?
    It depends what you are after, I like it is a fun side game. I will F2P and use it for relaxing downtime when I want a break from Hex. I ve only been playing a week myself, the arena is super fun (draft like format), and if you are good its possible to go infinite but I have been struggling there so far despite a history of high level mtg play. Just takes time to learn the cards and strategy I guess. I am levelling up and unlocking decks in the non-arena and gaining gold to play more arenas. If you have the time I would recommend checking it out.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    Lots of Magic players have trouble adjusting from what I've seen. They have the "card draw = good" mentality and try to apply it to Hearthstone, where it isn't anywhere near as important. You should be playing cards that are good themselves on top of letting you draw cards.

You also need to know when the card draw is useful to you. Casting Arcane Intellect (3 cost, draw 2 cards) on turn 3 is just a waste of a turn because every card in your deck does something and you need to be strengthening your board position, not drawing more cards when you already have a hand full of them.
    Last edited by Matenshi; 01-21-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Country
    UK
    Feedback Score
    Well less than three weeks of playing Hearthstone and I am bored rigid!

The novelty has worn off and the gloss is now taken for granted; the game play just isn't inspiring enough. The lack of trading is a real turn-off and whilst it is well made and was fun to start with, I have already lost interest.

I have returned to Solforge as my casual-waiting for hex game, but the good news is I have been far more active in hex-alpha. I have been playing sealed (my win % is high but so us my crash and event fail %) still I have enjoyed playing with the fringe/unplayable in constructed cards and exploring the limited environment.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    You might just have played too much for now; I get burnt out on most stuff after the initial obsession myself.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercadian View Post
    Well less than three weeks of playing Hearthstone and I am bored rigid!

The novelty has worn off and the gloss is now taken for granted; the game play just isn't inspiring enough. The lack of trading is a real turn-off and whilst it is well made and was fun to start with, I have already lost interest.
    To anyone who remembers my negativity to HS, this reaction is exactly the reason why I was so negative. Blizzard really screwed this up IMO.

Country
    UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x78089 View Post
    To anyone who remembers my negativity to HS, this reaction is exactly the reason why I was so negative. Blizzard really screwed this up IMO.
    I am not sure what they can do to improve the situation, after a long desire to get into the game I have walked away and no intention of going back. Retention will be a big barrier to the success of Hearthstone, but hopefully it will act as a gateway drug for pulling people into the deeper TCG that is Hex

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HS is DOA IMO. It will probably drive traffic to HEX, but I have a feeling it will be non-------entity soon after release.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5