Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drafting Simulator Feedback Requested

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score

Drafting Simulator Feedback Requested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPMetnIEUhY

I decided to do a draft simulating video to prepare for the eventual release of drafting in alpha (hopefully).

I'd love feedback since you all have been very helpful in the past!

I am aware of the slight buzzing, and not entirely sure how to fix it.
    Find me on:
    Anook

Youtube

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cryo, I love that draft simulator. I looked it up and have run through several drafts myself. I think you may want to take more time up front focusing on mana curve than you did in this particular presentation. I understand you were talking us all through your choices and were undoubtedly distracted, but you realized too late that your mana distribution was off. I am also curious to see what everyone thinks the best strategy for "rare" drafting will be. The beauty of alpha for KS backers is that we get the inside track into what cards actually work the best and will be most worthwhile.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    While I haven't drafted in a 'proper' TCG, in doing Hearthstone's Arena I have to agree with making mana curve a focus. A lot of the time I find myself wanting to just pick the best card out of the lot, which can lead to a bad deck. Similarly, it seems like a lot of people go for big bruisers often, which leads to decks too slow to really do anything.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I definitely did lose sight of the mana curve a little bit, but I think part of it was because I wasn't entirely sure which cards were in their final form. I wasn't sure if a few of them were tweaked slightly.

Thanks for the help though, I'll keep it in mind next time.
    Find me on:
    Anook

Youtube

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With blood being an obvious first/second choice for pretty much every deck at the current time I wonder if drafting other colors for draft might be an effective counter strategy.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x78089 View Post
    With blood being an obvious first/second choice for pretty much every deck at the current time I wonder if drafting other colors for draft might be an effective counter strategy.
    Is there much in the way of anti-Blood stuff that you've seen so far?

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really. Blood seems to have so many good support cards that it is an obvious first/second color to build a deck around. The problem being that everyone is going to see that very quickly. If everyone is taking blood cards the packs become diluted very quickly.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    I suppose picking a few really good Blood cards as denial might be a good idea if so.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree, but denial becomes a tricky game when you are drafting 45 cards and need to utilize ~35 of them. That is more or less three cards per pack that do not need to be put into your deck. If you overspend on denial your actual deck gets quite diluted.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it'd be viable to pick up a lot of stuff as denial, but something that's a keystone card or simply ruins you would probably be worth thinking about at least.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is the conundrum that is draft. It is also tempting to pull cards that fit well into your collection or are exceedingly rare. I am dying to get into beta so we can do this for real.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is something that I really like about Hearthstone's Arena ... it's not really a draft; but the same decision making process is applied. You are presented with 3 cards; and you pick 1; then it repeats 30 times until you have a 30 card deck. You're not drafting with anyone; and you're not playing in drafting pods ... it's a very solo drafting experience.
    My Pimp Hand is WAY Strong.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    ^ Yeah, I like it a lot. Arena's a lot more fun than constructed; I don't think I'd like drafting in other games near as much.

Still annoying when you get 3 really awful cards from which to pick, though. lol

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matenshi View Post
    ^ Yeah, I like it a lot. Arena's a lot more fun than constructed; I don't think I'd like drafting in other games near as much.

Still annoying when you get 3 really awful cards from which to pick, though. lol
    Drafting from packs that everyone pulls from requires much more skill and forethought than the format HS uses.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x78089 View Post
    I agree, but denial becomes a tricky game when you are drafting 45 cards and need to utilize ~35 of them. That is more or less three cards per pack that do not need to be put into your deck. If you overspend on denial your actual deck gets quite diluted.
    You only really need to use about 25 of them. Drafts are generally 40 card decks, and in my experience 15-19 resources are generally used.

I appreciate all the feedback, and I tried again if you are interested in continuing feedback.

http://youtu.be/o52CEvkBBeY

Specifically, do you feel like I am adding useful information, or am I just talking? Are the notes I make interesting? Also, is background music a good touch or distracting?

Be honest, is it something that is enjoyable to watch, and what could I do to make it more interesting?

I really appreciate you help guys!
    Find me on:
    Anook

Youtube

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast