Thread: Deal of a Lifetime

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Deal of a Lifetime

Hello all,
    I was originally from the Wizkids site once upon a time and just found this site about the game I love collecting. I recently did a sold auctions search on a certain site and came across this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mage-Knight...0AAOSwzFVa90Ul

This auction had to last no more than 5 seconds because as soon as I got the notification it was gone. I had the phone in my hand, got the notification, and I wasted absolutely no time in hitting it to go straight to the auction.

I'm going to just say that if this was purchased by someone from here I think you got the deal of a lifetime. I'm pretty sure that those should have gone for a least $1,000+ for master castings of the original sinister horsemen. I get that they don't have the dials or from at least what I can tell from the pictures but I'm pretty sure at this point and time that these are 1 of in the world and especially of those guys.

What do you guys think about these, real or fakes? Rarer than the released figures themselves?

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    Wow, missed that one, too.

These appear to be the legitimate works of Steve Saunders, sculptor for Wizkids. There are more from this seller that went off today. Very interesting that these are coming up just now, but sadly, I'm not going to be the one getting my hands on them. Yes, rarer than release.
    Did you do it?
    Yes
    What did it cost?
    Everything

Feedback Score
    It does appear that Steve Saunders is selling a number of items from his personal collection that originated with his work on sculpting original pieces for Mage Knight. I wish I had seen this one that you mentioned, but I was fortunate enough to see and win two of his auctions for prototypes of some MK figs.

I don't think they are 1 off's, but they would certainly be rare. They cast numerous copies once the molds were made for test paintings. You can see from some of his other auctions of the metal figs (the big painted lot of them is still up).

Seeing as they released for sale a number of the metal figs, they may have been considering releasing these as well, given the 'frenzy' of collecting back then. As far as the auction, he may have had a buy-it-now price and someone hit it.

Cheers!
    Ibson the Grey
    "Pity I was born 500 years too late, I'd been a great knight!"
    Mage Spawn! Shoot'em all... let GOD sort it out!
    ---
    Visit Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures, NOW!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those are real collectibles! It seems to be a very good price. There may have been a lot of these made back then, but I doubt there are many now.
    Last edited by Kenntak; 05-17-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    I will stop bidding up the big lot if who ever is bidding on it sells me the amotep gunner metal...

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    That would be me. I purchased that auction along with his listing involving the resin Famine as well. He went all out on it as well because I had kindly asked for him to write up a COA with his signature stating the castings were real and authentic but not only did he do that but he also threw in some metal prototype action tokens with all of the different factions symbols engraved on one side and the MK symbol on the back. I can't wait to get these professionally displayed in a wooden display box with his COA on top and those prototype action tokens under the figures themselves. This has to be the rarest and most incredible auction as it pertains to mage knight that I have ever won. Truly one-of-a-kind items I have here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezumpizzas View Post
    Hello all,
    I was originally from the Wizkids site once upon a time and just found this site about the game I love collecting. I recently did a sold auctions search on a certain site and came across this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mage-Knight...0AAOSwzFVa90Ul

This auction had to last no more than 5 seconds because as soon as I got the notification it was gone. I had the phone in my hand, got the notification, and I wasted absolutely no time in hitting it to go straight to the auction.

I'm going to just say that if this was purchased by someone from here I think you got the deal of a lifetime. I'm pretty sure that those should have gone for a least $1,000+ for master castings of the original sinister horsemen. I get that they don't have the dials or from at least what I can tell from the pictures but I'm pretty sure at this point and time that these are 1 of in the world and especially of those guys.

What do you guys think about these, real or fakes? Rarer than the released figures themselves?

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    https://imgur.com/a/fr0TTbF

Here's a pic of the tokens. I don't believe these were ever in production. I could be wrong but I don't remember these at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congratulations nightmeister on obtaining those MK rarities. Those tokens look awesome.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    That's awesome.
    Did you do it?
    Yes
    What did it cost?
    Everything

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmeister View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/fr0TTbF

Here's a pic of the tokens. I don't believe these were ever in production. I could be wrong but I don't remember these at all.
    They were produced by Ral Partha (99-130 MK GAME TOKENS) you can still find them on eBay from time to time. If you have the masters tho thats cool.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    I added all the items that he listed to the Prototypes section on Mage Knight Database. http://www.mageknight.net/prototypes/

Big thanks to Steve for listing these and allowing the community to witness these rare items.

@nightmeister I think those are the regular metal tokens in the image you linked. If you check out the prototype tab on MKDB you can see the prototype metal tokens.
    Last edited by Mage Knight Database; Yesterday at 03:43 PM.